October 12th, 2011 8:53 AM by Michael Leeker
Great time for first time buyers !!
Wow, in my 27 years of selling homes I have never seen such a great opportuniy for the 1st time buyer in St. Louis or St Louis County.
A few points to consider when buying a home for the first time buyer:
1. Low interest rates - get a lender name from your real estate agent in St Louis to make sure you have a reputable and reliable lender. This helps you get the best rate and service.
2. Low home prices - in Ballwin, Ladue, Brentwood, Glendale, Kinkwood,Wildwood or any St Louis neighborhood you are getting a discount on your home purchase. Have your St. Louis Realtor compare prices and show you the price reductions.
3. Down payment - NO !! You do not need 20% or even 10% down. You can buy with as little as 3.5% down if you have good credit. Cash needed, we can get the seller to pay your closing costs.
4. Timing - you can't time the market perfectly so buy when the market and rates are very low which they are right now.
5. St. Louis real estate agents - buyers should pick an agent that has experience, is with a nationally recognized company and has a good web site that is easy to work with and can show you all the steps to owning and buying a home.
Call Mike Leeker for any questions that you may have. 314-435-4040
RE/MAX Suburban buyers agent